License for Paid Art
Purchasing art from this site grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferrable license to use the art.
- You can NOT resell the art source files (PNG, JPG, EPS, Adobe Illustrator, etc) or slightly modified version of the art. You can not redistribute the art or modified version of the art in a manner that would make some or all of the art files useable to another end user via the app. For example, an app that uses the art as part of the play of the game is fine. An app that allows the user to save or export a modified version of the artwork itself is not fine.
- You may use the art in a template of any nature for distribution or sale to third parties.
- You may use the art for unlimited game/app title.
- You may not upload the original art files on a website in a complete or archived downloadable format that would make them accessible to others. Backing up to your personal Dropbox, Google Drive, etc is fine.
- The license is valid for entities with annual revenue of less than $500,000 USD or equivalent foreign currency. If annual revenues exceed this amount at any time, the license is no longer valid and you will have to contact us for an Extended License or all use of the art and distribution must cease.
- There are no refunds on digital products once you have downloaded them on your system.
Our paid licenses are specifically intended for use in digital media, such as an online game, mobile app, PC game, etc. Using the art in promotional materials for the app or game is allowed, for example, as part of the App Icon or Featured Images of the app. If you intend to use the work in vastly different way, please get in touch with tokegameart. For example, if you are writing a programming book and need graphics for print, that would require a different licensing agreement. If you aren’t sure of something that is not addressed explicitly in this license, assume it is not allowed and please contact us via support for clarification and permission.
Regarding ownership of the art: the artist (licensor) owns all proprietary rights in and to all copyrightable works and has the exclusive right to license others to produce, copy, make, or sell their art. Plainly speaking, the artist is the copyright holder, but you are granted a license to use the art in your app or game based on the terms above.
Your app does not require attribution or credit to the TokeGameArt. But feel free if you’d like to.
License for Free Art
Art you download for free from Toke Game Art is under a Creative Commons Attribution License.
This means you may…
- Use the art for free and commercial game or app.
- Copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
You may not sell the actual art by itself, but you may use the art in an app that you publish either commercial or free.